What You Can And Cannot Eat If Wearing Braces
If you just had undergone orthodontist treatment, then there are chances that you are wearing brace. You do not have to give up eating your favorite chocolate for lifetime. You certainly have to take precautions, for at least a few weeks, after wearing braces.
So, if you are concerned about What To Eat With Braces The First Week, then you are at the right place. You can read about some foods that you can or not eat when wearing braces.
What to do When Wearing Braces?
It is certain that for a few weeks after wearing braces, you have to take special care. You may not be able to enjoy the normal foods that you used to enjoy earlier. When eating, you have to take care that the wire and metal plate does not get damaged.
It may not be advisable to eat food items that may be hot or freezing cold. It is also best to avoid eating food items that are not easy to chew. You can temporarily eliminate nuts from your diet list. You should avoid chewing any food item that can cause discomfort.
Foods That You Can Eat For The Very First Week
- Eggs – It may not be recommended to include complete poultry products in your diet list. When wearing braces, you may feel soreness in the gum region for the first week. You have to choose food items that you do not have to chew hard.
You can always include a lot of eggs in your diet. Eggs are easy to chew and you can get desired Protein from your egg diet. You can include boil eggs in your diet.
- Oats – Oatmeal is easy to chew. You should only consume boiled oats. It is best to avoid mixing nuts into your oat meal. Oatmeal is fiber-rich food. Your body can extract fiber from this meal. You do not have to chew oats meal too much when eating.
- Smoothies – If you are fond of vegetable juice, then smoothies can be included in your everyday diet for at least one week. The best advantage of smoothies is that you can select any flavour. If you are concerned about what to eat with braces the first week then smoothies can be the right choice.
- Dairy products- You can always include a lot of milk and yoghurt in your daily diet. Yogurt is easy to chew and you can also add soft fruits to your preparation. Dairy products can easily be purchased from any leading store as well. If you are worried about what to eat with braces the first week, then Dairy Products is the best option.
5. Soft Vegetables- If you are seriuos about your body also after wearing braces, then soft vegetables are the best option to What To Eat with Braces the First Week. Soft vegetables are very soft to chew, It doesn’t cause any problem in your teeth and also helps your body to feel more energetic. Soft Vegetables include Brocolli, Carrots, Mashed Potatoes.
6. Vegetable Soup- Vegetable Soup is easily prepared diet and nutritious as well. Vegetable Soup is prepared using vegetables like as green leafy, ginger, carrot, mushroom, garlic, tomatoes etc. as you wish and as per your taste. Vegetable Soup is a must to add in your diet if you are confused about What To Eat With Braces The First Week.
Read Also- Is Pumpkin Good for Diabetics
Mashed potatoes and soups may also be good for you. It is important to take care that you avoid including any food item that you may have to chew for a longer time.
You also need to care that you clean the braces very often after eating or drinking any food item.
Nuts, candies, bagels and gum-based food items should always be avoided during the first two weeks. These types of food items can damage braces.
I hope, Here all your doubts and confusions are clear related to What To Eat With Braces The First Week.